Total Sanitation Solutions (TSS) are serious about keeping your personal details private and protecting your privacy.
We are committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. To achieve this commitment TSS will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and its amendments (the Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in that Act.
This policy outlines how TSS collects, uses and manages personal information about an individual and how an individual can make inquiries or complaints about our compliance with the APPs and about any personal information that we hold on file about them.
We may update or change this policy from time to time, including to take account of new or amended laws, new technology or changes to our operations. If we do so we will publish the updated policy on our website. All personal information held by us will be governed by our most recent updated policy.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We will only collect information relevant to our business or employment relationship with you including (but not limited to) the following types of personal information:
- contact details (including phone numbers and addresses);
- profession, occupation or job title;
- financial information including credit card details and information collected from credit reporting agencies;
- information you provide to us directly through our website or social media.
Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct our business activities. Generally, personal information will be used for dealing with your requests and inquiries or our sales and marketing activities. We may collect and hold personal information so that we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks, including credit checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products and services and systems, including the management and administration of an account;
- recruit, manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- manage complaints and disputes, and to report to dispute resolution bodies; and
- get a better understanding of you, your needs and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services through the ways that we communicate with you.
How we collect your personal information
Personal information collected will differ depending on the purpose of collection. By sending emails, you will be providing us with certain personal information which may include your name and contact details. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without collecting this information from you.
TSS will collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. For example we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- directly from you by telephone, face to face, by email or on social media;
- when you access our website;
- when you complete a form;
- during conversations between you and our representatives.
We may also collect information from third parties including credit reporting agencies, and law enforcement agencies. We do not collect any sensitive information.
How we use and disclose your personal information
In order to provide the quality of service you require, ELW will only use and disclose your personal information to carry out our business, this includes:
- providing products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- answering inquiries and providing information or advice about existing and new services;
- obtaining credit history information about customers and potential customers;
- our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of ELW and service providers;
- keeping your records and contact details up to date;
- fulfilling any legal requirements – such as reporting to external agencies or to law enforcement agencies; and
- if you are one of our customers, we may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs or to send information about future events, promotions, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hard-copy) however you can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by privacy obligations and confidentiality in regard to the protection of your personal information.
In common with many organisations, TSS contract services from external parties, such as sub-contractors or other select organisations who perform certain functions or operations for us including suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, couriers, debt collections and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants. Your information may be provided to them on a confidential basis for the sole purpose of performing the contracted services on our behalf.
In these instances, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that these organisations exercise the same standard of care as we do ourselves, so that they cannot provide this information to anyone else.
Use of employee information exceptions
Some exceptions to our use of employee information may apply in such cases as where we enter into negotiations for the sale of sections of the business or transfers of contracts. In the event of this occurring, your identity will remain anonymous for as long as possible.
We may also exercise our right to monitor the use of email and the Internet in accordance with our Information Technology and Social Media Policy.
Direct marketing materials
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list. We may also share your personal information with related companies in the TSS group, who will exercise similar standards of care in relation to your information.
Information collected by our website
Links to other websites
Your information may be disclosed to entities outside Australia
We may disclose your personal information to suppliers, service providers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships that are located outside of Australia overseas for the purpose of business, marketing and related purposes.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
Your information is secure
We store personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files and other records. In doing so, we have taken reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. As our website is linked to the internet, and the internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk. Credit card information is not stored by us on our servers.
TSS strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and our IT administrators update security measures to keep up with current technologies.
Your commitment to the privacy of your colleagues and our customers
TSS has an expectation of all employees and sub-contractors that they will preserve the privacy of information relating to their work colleagues and to our customers. Personal information learned about another individual during the course of work, must not be used or disclosed except as necessary to fulfill the legitimate requirements of the job.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends on the information you provide. That’s why we request that you:
- let us know if there are any errors contained within your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal details such as your name/s or address.
You have access to your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. Following a request, we will provide you with a copy of personal information we hold about you, in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act.
If you have any questions about this policy, if you wish to update or access the information we hold about you, or if you wish to make a related complaint, please contact TSS via email: email@example.com or by phone: 07 3277 5727 or by fax: 07 3275 1141. Our representative will contact you within 28 days after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved.